Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Funeral

Well, last night was the viewing and today was Isabel's funeral. We were able to go in on Tuesday and dress her the the sweetest dress and hat that was made for her. Isabel looked so beautiful! We even bought her some tights with the ruffle on her bum. She looked like such an angel. Then for the viewing, instead of having an open casket, we made a picture slide show that we played and we got to go see her again after everyone left, just to say goodnight to her for one last time. Today we said our final goodbye before the funeral and helped tuck her in before the funeral home people sealed her up. The funeral went very well and everything was nice. It is just hard to think that instead of burying your baby, you should be cuddling and taking care of it. I know that Isabel wasn't built for this world, but I still would give anything to be able to raise her right now too. I just ache to hold her, to feed her, to kiss her. I don't think we realize how important it is to focus on the health of our children when we are expecting and not on the stupid things like what gender they are or what they might look like. To parents like me and my husband, we would trade anything to get to keep our Isabel, even if it were just for one more day.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh sweet Jill, again I struggle with what to write to you, I am so sad for your loss...I really can't imagine what you must be going through, but I am thinking of you so much and wishing I could do something to help....